Needham & Company Starts Agios Pharma (AGIO) at Buy
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company initiates coverage on Agios Pharma (NASDAQ: AGIO) with a Buy rating and a price target of $60.00.
Analyst Chad Messer commented, "Agios develops novel therapies to correct errors in cellular metabolism that occur in cancer and rare genetic disorders. The company is running clinical programs in two major areas: 1) isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) inhibition in oncology; and 2) pyruvate kinase (PK) activation for an orphan metabolic disorder. Both programs have demonstrated clinical proof of concept, and two mutant IDH inhibitors (AG-221 and AG-120) are on the verge of entering pivotal studies in record time. We believe targeting mutant IDH represents a fundamentally different mechanistic approach to fighting cancer. The company also has a high-profile partnership with Celgene, providing financial resources and validation."
Shares of Agios Pharma closed at $49.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Teradyne (TER) PT Raised to $28 at Deutsche Bank; Reiterates Buy
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!