Needham & Company Starts ANSYS (ANSS) at Hold
- Wall St. set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Dollar recoups losses, caution sets in ahead of Trump inauguration
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company initiates coverage on ANSYS (NASDAQ: ANSS) with a Hold rating.
Analyst Richard Valera commented, "ANSYS is the leading player in the ~$5B Simulation & Analysis software market, with an impressive operating history. However, revenue growth has slowed recently due to macro headwinds, most notably in the semi and energy end markets, and from a gradual transition to a more ratable license model. As the company sees easier comps in the semi and energy markets, we see its bookings growth likely moving back toward the high-single digit level implied in the company's C'17 guidance. That said, with high-40% op margins that leave little room for expansion, we see current valuation--at ~7x EV/C2017 sales and ~22x C'17 ex-cash NG EPS--as likely already anticipating this improved performance. We initiate with a Hold rating and would look for evidence of upside to our estimates or a pullback in the shares to become more positive."
Shares of ANSYS closed at $93.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oclaro (OCLR): Preannouncement Positive And Margin Leverage Means More To Come - Needham
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!