Needham & Company Starts ANSYS (ANSS) at Hold
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company initiates coverage on ANSYS (NASDAQ: ANSS) with a Hold rating.
Analyst Richard Valera commented, "ANSYS is the leading player in the ~$5B Simulation & Analysis software market, with an impressive operating history. However, revenue growth has slowed recently due to macro headwinds, most notably in the semi and energy end markets, and from a gradual transition to a more ratable license model. As the company sees easier comps in the semi and energy markets, we see its bookings growth likely moving back toward the high-single digit level implied in the company's C'17 guidance. That said, with high-40% op margins that leave little room for expansion, we see current valuation--at ~7x EV/C2017 sales and ~22x C'17 ex-cash NG EPS--as likely already anticipating this improved performance. We initiate with a Hold rating and would look for evidence of upside to our estimates or a pullback in the shares to become more positive."
Shares of ANSYS closed at $93.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): What The Bears Are Missing - Needham
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Synopsys (SNPS) Following 4Q
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!