Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on Viavi (VIAV) Following Following 4Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company maintained a Hold rating on Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) following the company's 4Q earnings report. The company's OSP unit is expected to decline year-over-year by ~$25-30MM in revenues. Needham also estimate the profits from the Legacy SE businesses will decline by roughly $7MM. Cost cuts are likely to help reduce expenses by $10MM year-over-year in FY17 and a similar amount in FY18.
Analyst Alex Henderson commented, "Viavi reported a solid quarter and offered an in-line guide for the September FY1Q17 quarter. Viavi is planning an analyst day in midSeptember. We expect the relatively new management team to lay out its plans for the troubled Service Enablement unit. We think remediating the steep losses in the SE Growth units is a big opportunity. The question is whether management will make the hard decisions and aggressively prune these businesses back. We estimate they are losing a significant $0.30+ per share. We think they will likely gradually address this issue in FY17 and FY18. As the high-margin OSP business eases back from a spike in FY16 and the SE high-margin legacy continues to decline at a 30% pace, the June FY17 fiscal year looks like a transition year. We remain on the sidelines."
Shares of Viavi Solutions closed at $7.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- UBS Remains Bullish on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q EPS Miss
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!