Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on NetApp (NTAP) Following Solid 2Q
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) following the company's 2Q earnings report. NTAP reported revenues of $1.34B compared to the street's estimates of $1.35B. Guidance was $1.265-1.415B. EPS was reported at $0.60, ahead of the consensus of $0.54, and guidance of $0.51-0.56.
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "We believe NTAP execution has improved, as evidenced by its ability to carry the stabilization trends first exhibited earlier in the year into F2Q. These trends include strategic solutions (62% of product rev) +10% seq and mature products up slightly. Installed base conversions to CDOT also continued their gradual migration higher, reaching 36% vs. 32% q/q. However, the upside to EPS was largely driven by lower than implied guidance for operating expenses due to the restructuring. We have adjusted our model to more accurately reflect expenses going forward, but nevertheless we see the stock as fully valued in the $35-40 range (roughly 10x ex-cash for a company that still is topline challenged). We maintain our Hold rating."
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on General Electric (GE) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!