Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on NetApp (NTAP) Following Solid 2Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) following the company's 2Q earnings report. NTAP reported revenues of $1.34B compared to the street's estimates of $1.35B. Guidance was $1.265-1.415B. EPS was reported at $0.60, ahead of the consensus of $0.54, and guidance of $0.51-0.56.
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "We believe NTAP execution has improved, as evidenced by its ability to carry the stabilization trends first exhibited earlier in the year into F2Q. These trends include strategic solutions (62% of product rev) +10% seq and mature products up slightly. Installed base conversions to CDOT also continued their gradual migration higher, reaching 36% vs. 32% q/q. However, the upside to EPS was largely driven by lower than implied guidance for operating expenses due to the restructuring. We have adjusted our model to more accurately reflect expenses going forward, but nevertheless we see the stock as fully valued in the $35-40 range (roughly 10x ex-cash for a company that still is topline challenged). We maintain our Hold rating."
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $44; Reiterates Strong Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!