Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on Enphase Energy (ENPH)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Enphase Energy (NASDAQ: ENPH) following the company's announced new restructuring initiatives, preliminary 4Q16 guidance, and launched secondary equity offering. ENPH expects to record $3MM of restructuring charges in 3Q16 and the program will complete in 4Q16. For 4Q16, the company guided revenue at $90-100MM, above consensus of $91.9MM likely due to strong AC battery traction. The secondary public offering is of an undisclosed amount.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "After market close yesterday, ENPH announced new restructuring initiatives, issued preliminary 4Q16 guidance, and launched a secondary equity offering. As we had outlined in our SPI recap note here, the U.S. residential solar market is showing signs of sluggish growth that could persist into 2017. We believe restructuring is necessary to lower breakeven for the model and address the ongoing cash burn until the market recovers. We believe the secondary offering will help shore up its balance sheet by providing working capital to ramp the AC battery and the Gen-6 microinverters. As ENPH continues to navigate tough industry conditions, we prefer to remain on the sidelines until we see signs of recovery. Maintain our Hold."
Shares of Enphase Energy closed at $1.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!