Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on Discovery Communications (DISCA)
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA) after adjusting estimates ahead of 3Q earnings release. Needham lowered revenue estimates to $1.56B. Adjusted EPS of $0.44 is 3% lower than previous estimates. DISCA will report 3Q16 earnings on Tuesday, November 1.
Analyst Laura Martin commented, "We lower our 3Q16 estimates to revenue of $1.56B (up 2% y/y and 1% below previous estimates), EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $0.40 (down 5% y/y and 4% below previous estimates), and Adjusted EPS of $0.44 (down 5% y/y and 3% lower than previous estimates). Our changes reflect lower advertising revenue expectations for both domestic and international segments. Our lower revenue estimates reflect comments made by DISCA management at a recent investor conference. These changes impact our FY16 estimates and we now expect revenue of $6.585B (up 3% y/y and 0.2% below previous estimates), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $1.96 (up 24% y/y and 0.5% below previous estimates). We also introduce our FY17 estimates of revenue of $6.93B (up 5% y/y), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $2.17 (up 11% y/y)."
Shares of Discovery Communications closed at $26.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Ahead of 1Q Release
- Twitter's (TWTR) 'Underweight' Rating Reiterated at Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs Starts Hertz Global (HTZ) at 'Sell' and Avis Budget (CAR) at 'Neutral'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!