Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on Discovery Communications (DISCA)
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA) after adjusting estimates ahead of 3Q earnings release. Needham lowered revenue estimates to $1.56B. Adjusted EPS of $0.44 is 3% lower than previous estimates. DISCA will report 3Q16 earnings on Tuesday, November 1.
Analyst Laura Martin commented, "We lower our 3Q16 estimates to revenue of $1.56B (up 2% y/y and 1% below previous estimates), EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $0.40 (down 5% y/y and 4% below previous estimates), and Adjusted EPS of $0.44 (down 5% y/y and 3% lower than previous estimates). Our changes reflect lower advertising revenue expectations for both domestic and international segments. Our lower revenue estimates reflect comments made by DISCA management at a recent investor conference. These changes impact our FY16 estimates and we now expect revenue of $6.585B (up 3% y/y and 0.2% below previous estimates), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $1.96 (up 24% y/y and 0.5% below previous estimates). We also introduce our FY17 estimates of revenue of $6.93B (up 5% y/y), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $2.17 (up 11% y/y)."
Shares of Discovery Communications closed at $26.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on TEGNA (TGNA) Following Investor Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!