Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on Discovery Communications (DISCA)
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA) after adjusting estimates ahead of 3Q earnings release. Needham lowered revenue estimates to $1.56B. Adjusted EPS of $0.44 is 3% lower than previous estimates. DISCA will report 3Q16 earnings on Tuesday, November 1.
Analyst Laura Martin commented, "We lower our 3Q16 estimates to revenue of $1.56B (up 2% y/y and 1% below previous estimates), EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $0.40 (down 5% y/y and 4% below previous estimates), and Adjusted EPS of $0.44 (down 5% y/y and 3% lower than previous estimates). Our changes reflect lower advertising revenue expectations for both domestic and international segments. Our lower revenue estimates reflect comments made by DISCA management at a recent investor conference. These changes impact our FY16 estimates and we now expect revenue of $6.585B (up 3% y/y and 0.2% below previous estimates), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $1.96 (up 24% y/y and 0.5% below previous estimates). We also introduce our FY17 estimates of revenue of $6.93B (up 5% y/y), and EPS Available to DISCA Shareholders of $2.17 (up 11% y/y)."
Shares of Discovery Communications closed at $26.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!