Needham & Company Remains Neutral on Cree (CREE) Following Q2 Results; Sees 2017 as 'Transitional' Year
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company affirms Cree (Nasdaq: CREE) with a Hold rating following FQ416 results issued Tuesday night.
The firm commented,
CREE's F4Q16 (Jun) earnings slightly missed Street estimates. While the Street's model is a mixed bag of projections with and without the Wolfspeed divestiture, we believe the guidance is generally weaker than expectations given lower commercial lighting sales in the seasonally stronger quarter. With management focusing on realigning CREE to become a LED lighting company, we believe FY2017 will be a transitional year with marginal revenue growth and substantially lower earnings, after divesting the profitable Wolfspeed business. We believe potential upside could come from M&A, but the stock appears to have already priced in an accretive acquisition in the coming quarters.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!