Needham & Company Remains Bullish on ON Semiconductor (ON) Following 2Q
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company maintained a Buy rating and $14.00 price target on ON Semiconductor (NASDAQ: ON) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue for the second quarter exceeded the high-end of guidance at $877.8 million, higher than expectations of $855 million. Non-GAAP EPS was reported at $0.23, inline with estimates.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill commented, "ON reported a solid quarter and guide citing strength in industrial and communications, a rebound in computing due to increase content gains from Skylake platform and steady auto growth. With the FCS acquisition likely to close by the end of the month (waiting for China and U.S. approvals), we calculate 20-30% earnings accretion long-term, factoring in our updated ON/FCS pro forma model. With 61% of sales derived from the secular end markets -- auto/industrial—and with several gross margin levers entering 2017, we believe ON is undervalued on a stand-alone basis. Combined with FCS, we believe the stock has significant upside on earnings power of $1.20 to $1.30."
Shares of ON Semiconductor closed at $9.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Lam Research (LRCX): Great Quarter As Expected - Needham
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!