Needham & Company Reiterates Strong Buy on Lumentum Holdings (LITE)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company maintained a Strong Buy rating and $50.00 price target on Lumentum Holdings (NASDAQ: LITE) after adjusting estimates. Needham increased 2017 revenues to $1,185 million from $1,162 million and EPS to $2.35 from $1.98. 2018 estimates were raises as well, with revenues to $1,320 billion from $1,299 million and EPS to $2.58 from $2.28.
Analyst Alex Henderson commented, "Telecom grew 14% Q-Q and 25% yr-yr. ROADMs increased 11% Q-Q and 184% yr-yr. 100G Data Comm grew 248% yr-yr. The bulk of Lumentum's lines are sold out well into CY17 and Lumentum is seeing demand increase at least as fast as they can increase capacity. There were two one-time items that impacted the September quarter and one that impacted the first half of the December quarter and thereby the guide. It was a defective part from a key supplier. The issue is resolved but it cost a lot of the reported upside and diminished the guide. Otherwise they were way ahead of forecast on both Reported and guidance. We are sharply increasing estimates."
Shares of Lumentum closed at $38.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!