Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) following 4Q Beat and Guide
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) following the company's 4Q earnings report. PANW revenue and billings of $400.8m and $572.4m were above consensus $389.9m and $559.5m respectively. Management released 1Q guidance of $396-402m is below consensus of $402m at the midpoint, while EPS of $0.51-0.53 is below consensus of $0.56.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "We believe PANW's +45% y/y billings demonstrates this large-cap security player is best-in-class. Consistent with Needham’s recent commentary on the security space, PANW said the largest players in security are getting more share-of-wallet, and point solutions are under pressure. That said, the +45% billings growth is a material deceleration from the most recent three quarters, which were all in the +61-62% range y/y. The outlook for FY17 was light for F1Q, but in line on FY17 revenues and above on EPS, largely due to an accounting benefit for expensing commissions, which adds roughly $0.25 EPS to the year. PANW is clearly best-in-class, according to our field discussions, yet shares are trading -5% in aftermarket near $136, which is 5.3x EV/CY17 revenue and 16x EV/FCF FY17, which we believe is near fair value. Maintain HOLD."
Shares of Palo Alto Networks closed at $143.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!