Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) following 4Q Beat and Guide
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) following the company's 4Q earnings report. PANW revenue and billings of $400.8m and $572.4m were above consensus $389.9m and $559.5m respectively. Management released 1Q guidance of $396-402m is below consensus of $402m at the midpoint, while EPS of $0.51-0.53 is below consensus of $0.56.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "We believe PANW's +45% y/y billings demonstrates this large-cap security player is best-in-class. Consistent with Needham’s recent commentary on the security space, PANW said the largest players in security are getting more share-of-wallet, and point solutions are under pressure. That said, the +45% billings growth is a material deceleration from the most recent three quarters, which were all in the +61-62% range y/y. The outlook for FY17 was light for F1Q, but in line on FY17 revenues and above on EPS, largely due to an accounting benefit for expensing commissions, which adds roughly $0.25 EPS to the year. PANW is clearly best-in-class, according to our field discussions, yet shares are trading -5% in aftermarket near $136, which is 5.3x EV/CY17 revenue and 16x EV/FCF FY17, which we believe is near fair value. Maintain HOLD."
Shares of Palo Alto Networks closed at $143.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!