Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Marvell Technology (MRVL) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Marvell Technology (NASDAQ: MRVL) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Marvell reported revenue and NG EPS of $654MM/$0.20, well ahead of the high end of guidance. Results benefited from $16MM of storage shipments pushed from F2Q to F3Q. Management guided F4Q17 revenue to $565MM +/- 2% ($554MM-$576MM), below $600MM estimates. NG EPS is expected to be $0.17-$0.21, above $0.16 estimates.
Analyst Quinn Bolton commented, "Marvell reported strong F3Q17 results that easily exceeded the high end of guidance while providing a mixed outlook for F4Q17. NG GM continues to expand at a faster than expected pace and exceeded expectations for both quarters. The better than expected margins along with a newly announced $1bn share buyback program led to strong share price gains in the aftermarket. However, while we are encouraged by the improving margins of the company, we continue to have concerns about the overall growth profile of the business. Accordingly, we maintain our Hold rating at this time."
Shares of Marvell closed at $13.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!