Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Marvell Technology (MRVL) Following 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Marvell Technology (NASDAQ: MRVL) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Marvell reported revenue and NG EPS of $654MM/$0.20, well ahead of the high end of guidance. Results benefited from $16MM of storage shipments pushed from F2Q to F3Q. Management guided F4Q17 revenue to $565MM +/- 2% ($554MM-$576MM), below $600MM estimates. NG EPS is expected to be $0.17-$0.21, above $0.16 estimates.
Analyst Quinn Bolton commented, "Marvell reported strong F3Q17 results that easily exceeded the high end of guidance while providing a mixed outlook for F4Q17. NG GM continues to expand at a faster than expected pace and exceeded expectations for both quarters. The better than expected margins along with a newly announced $1bn share buyback program led to strong share price gains in the aftermarket. However, while we are encouraged by the improving margins of the company, we continue to have concerns about the overall growth profile of the business. Accordingly, we maintain our Hold rating at this time."
Shares of Marvell closed at $13.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!