Needham & Company Reiterates Hold as iRobot Corp. (IRBT) Announces SDOC Acquisition
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on iRobot Corporation (NASDAQ: IRBT) following the company's announced agreement to acquire Sales On Demand Corporation. The acquisition of SODC, which had an exclusive distribution arrangement with IRBT, is consistent with the company's strategy to take more control of marketing and distribution in key overseas markets.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "IRBT yesterday announced a definitive agreement to acquire the iRobot-related distribution business in Japan of Sales On Demand Corporation (SODC), its longtime distribution partner in that country. SODC represented 15% of IRBT's home robot revenues in 2015. IRBT is paying $14-16M to acquire SODC, subject to exchange rates at the close of the acquisition, which is expected in April 2017. IRBT expects SODC to add $20-25M of incremental revenue in 2017. SODC is expected to be $0.25-0.35 dilutive to IRBT's 2017 earnings, which reflects a one-time, fair-value accounting adjustment and expense associated with the acquisition."
Shares of iRobot Corporation closed at $54.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Offers FY17 Outlook; Provides Expectations for 2020
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!