Needham & Company Reiterates Hold Ahead of Viavi Solutions' (VIAV) 1Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. At its analyst day in September, Viavi cautioned on the outlook for Service Provider spending and expects softness in CY2H16 spending. Another concern in the quarter was the disruption and delays and reluctance to buy resulting from an activist letter to the board insisting on dramatic actions to eliminate losses in the SE division.
Analyst Alex Henderson commented, "Viavi is set to print results on November 1st after the close. We think the September quarter is likely OK to a bit soft, but we are nervous about a weak guide into CY4Q. With down Capex at both Verizon and AT&T likely and Verizon tightening Capex to the lower end of the band on a weak 3Q print, we think the risk of a soft CY4Q has increased. We are solidly on the sidelines on this name and cautious into the print."
Shares of Viavi Solutions closed at $7.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!