Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $25.00 price target on World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE: WWE) ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. Needham adjusted Corporate Expenses by 7% to better reflect FY16 run rates, as certain episodes aired in 3Q15 that are not expected to be aired in 3Q16 or 4Q16, which lowers TV license fee revenue.
Analyst Laura Martin commented, "We lower our 3Q16 revenue estimate to shift growth in the Television division to reflect license fee income moving from 3Q16 to 4Q16 as the date of airing is being pushed back. In addition, certain episodes aired in 3Q15 that are not expected to be aired in 3Q16 or 4Q16, which lowers TV license fee revenue. Offsetting this, we are lowering Corporate Expenses by 7% to better reflect FY16 run rates. Together, we lower our 3Q16 revenue estimate to $164.2mm (down 1% y/y, 8% below previous estimates), but raise our OIBDA estimate to $26.2mm (up 12% y/y, 1% above our prior estimate). We maintain our EPS from Continuing Operations estimate of $0.16 (up 20% y/y). During 3Q16, we estimate that WWE had an average of 1.49mm paying OTT Network subscribers, down from an average of 1.52mm in 2Q16. We maintain our Buy rating and $25 Target Price."
Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment closed at $21.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!