Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Super Micro Computer (SMCI) Following 4Q
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $25.00 price target on Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ: SMCI) following the company's 4Q earnings report. SMCI reported revenue of $524.3M and $0.20 non-GAAP EPS, essentially in-line with the July 18th pre-announcement. Server Systems revenue of $343M was down 3% y/y. Server ASP of $41K was flat y/y, with 84K units shipped.
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "Amid the internal SAP systems upgrade and implementation of a new global tax strategy, sales execution/responsiveness suffered in F4Q. This allowed for competition (especially in Internet Data Center) to price aggressively and win a couple project deals that SMCI had anticipated. Issues of execution are far easier to repair than those of demand, and here we have the former and not the latter. We believe SMCI has line of sight to a recovery on all of these issues (largely execution rather than market). With our revised model already incorporating the new guidance outlined on the call, we reiterate our Buy and $25 PT."
Shares of Super Micro Computer closed at $20.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!