Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Sigma Designs (SIGM) Following Solid 2Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $13.00 price target on Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) following the company's 2Q earnings report. SIGM reported sales of $61.3MM, in-line with $61.0MM estimates. NG EPS was $0.07, above $0.01 estimates, driven by stronger than expected NG GM. NG GM came in at 49.9%, above the high end of guidance.
Analyst Quinn Bolton commented, "SIGM reported better than expected NG EPS in F2Q17 but guided for weaker F3Q revenue. The highlight for the quarter was NG GM, which came in 330bps above our expectations and drove much of the EPS upside. The strong GM was mitigated by a further delay in the IoT revenue ramp, with the segment now expected to rebound next quarter. Management continues to diversify its Connected SmartTV business with the recent announcements of its new UHD TV Sx8 SoC and a joint development collaboration agreement with Telechips for IP streaming STBs, which should drive future revenue growth. We are encouraged by the stronger than expected GM and await the IoT revenue ramp. We maintain our Buy rating and $13 PT."
Shares of Sigma Designs closed at $8.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Sigma Designs (SIGM) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!