Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $88.00 price target on Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT) following the company's 3Q earnings report. PFPT’s $99.8m FCF and $0.19 EPS were well above the consensus estimates of $94.3m and $0.05. Billings of 125m were well ahead of $116m consensus. PFPT expects to be consistently profitable in CY17, which will up sharecount materially to 55.8m, up from JuneQ’s 41m shares. EPS estimates of $28-0.33 is well ahead of CY17 consensus of $0.09.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "The PFPT quarter was strong, and even better than expected for a company viewed as best-in-class in security. While many companies in security are navigating the “cooling” of IT Security spending to pre-bubble levels, PFPT sailed through 3Q with +48% y/y billings growth and +44% y/y revenue growth – both metrics are an acceleration from last quarter and a year ago. PFPT is benefiting from several drivers, including (a) MSFT 365 adoption, (b) secular move to cloud, (c) cross selling of TAP, which is in 30% of base and “pulls forward” renewals. The previous CY17 outlook was upped slightly for revenue, and we believe MFE transition revenue isn’t yet in estimates. Shares recently traded +11% aftermarket to $77.20, which is 8.5x EV/ CY17 revenue and 37x EV/CY17 FCF. Our $88 target is 10x EV/CY17 revenue. Maintain BUY and $88 PT."
Shares of Proofpoint closed at $69.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!