Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI) Following Announced Royalty Buyout Agreement
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $14.00 price target on Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ: NVMI) following the company's announced royalty buyout agreement with Israel's Office of the Chief Scientist.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "Before market open, NVMI announced that it signed a royalty buyout agreement with Israel's Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS), in which NVMI will pay $14 million lump sum to buy out of royalty liabilities of products developed under R&D grants from OCS. We believe this is a good use of cash as the liabilities are estimated to be around $24 million in total before tax benefits of the payment. The move will also potentially allow NVMI to have more flexibility in its long-term R&D planning as it is now not reliant on the OCS. While the detailed financial benefits are still being worked out, we see the move benefiting NVMI's bottom line through improved gross margins (permanently) and reduced tax rate (in the near-term). We believe the move will also increase financial flexibility for NVMI. Maintain our Buy."
Shares of Nova Measuring Instruments closed at $11.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Upgrades Quantenna Communications (QTNA) to Strong Buy
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!