Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI) Following Announced Royalty Buyout Agreement
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $14.00 price target on Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ: NVMI) following the company's announced royalty buyout agreement with Israel's Office of the Chief Scientist.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "Before market open, NVMI announced that it signed a royalty buyout agreement with Israel's Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS), in which NVMI will pay $14 million lump sum to buy out of royalty liabilities of products developed under R&D grants from OCS. We believe this is a good use of cash as the liabilities are estimated to be around $24 million in total before tax benefits of the payment. The move will also potentially allow NVMI to have more flexibility in its long-term R&D planning as it is now not reliant on the OCS. While the detailed financial benefits are still being worked out, we see the move benefiting NVMI's bottom line through improved gross margins (permanently) and reduced tax rate (in the near-term). We believe the move will also increase financial flexibility for NVMI. Maintain our Buy."
Shares of Nova Measuring Instruments closed at $11.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Citi Downgrades Blackhawk Network (HAWK) to Neutral
- UBS Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!