Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on MaxLinear (MXL) Following 2Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $21.00 price target on MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) following the company's 2Q earnings report. MXL reported 2Q16 revenue and NG EPS of $101.7MM/$0.50, vs. consensus' $102.0MM/$0.44 estimates. 3Q16 revenue is expected to be $94-98MM, well below $104MM estimates.
Analyst Quinn Bolton commented, "MXL reported better than expected NG EPS in 2Q16 but issued conservative 3Q16 guidance after four strong quarters. The company's outlook was largely impacted by seasonality in its core operator business and reduced visibility for channel stackers at DirectTV as the service provider plans a hard cutover from analog to digital in 4Q16/1Q17. We were further disappointed by the faster than expected decline of the company's legacy video SoC business. With legacy Entropic revenue falling off faster than expected, it will provide less cash for harvesting and investing purposes. Reflecting guidance, we lower our 2016 and 2017 estimates but maintain our Buy rating and $21 price target as we believe the core operator and infrastructure business, which is growing, deserves a higher multiple of 15x vs. 12x."
Shares of MaxLinear closed at $21.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!