Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Lam Research (LRCX) Ahead of 1Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $115.00 Price Target on Lam Research (NASDAQ: LRCX) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. Checks along the SemiCap supply chain support growing shipments going into 4Q16, and initial indication for a robust C1Q17.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "LRCX reports F1Q17 (Sep) on October 19 after market close, after ASML's [N/R] CY3Q16 call in the morning. Our recent conversations with the buy-side suggest growing fear of peaking in the space, and TSMC's [N/R] report might feed that fear. However, we believe a strong CY4Q16/1H17 outlook coming out of the earnings reports will help calm those fears, allowing stocks to grind higher. With increased market volatility, we prefer LRCX here over other mid/large-cap peers based on several relative drivers: 1) two positive catalysts (F1Q report on 10/19 & analyst event on 11/16); 2) a recovery in DRAM investments benefiting LRCX due to its high exposure; 3) LRCX's lower exposure to TSMC than peers; 4) continued leverage of increased etch/dep in WFE; and 5) Street estimates are typically conservative."
Shares of Lam Research closed at $98.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!