Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Lam Research (LRCX) Ahead of 1Q Report
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating and $115.00 Price Target on Lam Research (NASDAQ: LRCX) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. Checks along the SemiCap supply chain support growing shipments going into 4Q16, and initial indication for a robust C1Q17.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "LRCX reports F1Q17 (Sep) on October 19 after market close, after ASML's [N/R] CY3Q16 call in the morning. Our recent conversations with the buy-side suggest growing fear of peaking in the space, and TSMC's [N/R] report might feed that fear. However, we believe a strong CY4Q16/1H17 outlook coming out of the earnings reports will help calm those fears, allowing stocks to grind higher. With increased market volatility, we prefer LRCX here over other mid/large-cap peers based on several relative drivers: 1) two positive catalysts (F1Q report on 10/19 & analyst event on 11/16); 2) a recovery in DRAM investments benefiting LRCX due to its high exposure; 3) LRCX's lower exposure to TSMC than peers; 4) continued leverage of increased etch/dep in WFE; and 5) Street estimates are typically conservative."
Shares of Lam Research closed at $98.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lam Research (LRCX): Raising PT Ahead of Earnings - RBC
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- Goldman Sachs Responds To JP Morgan (JPM) Q4 Report, Blames NII For Weak Top Line Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!