Needham & Company Raises price Target on Daktronics (DAKT) to $9.50 Following Solid 1Q
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Daktronics (NASDAQ: DAKT), and raised the price target to $9.50 (from $8.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS totaled $0.13, well above Street's $0.05 estimate. Revenues increased 5% y/o/y to $157.1M, above the consensus of $146.8M.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DAKT finally provided investors with a bit of good news, reporting better than expected FQ1 results, which sent the shares up 18% in intraday trading today. Revenues increased 5% y/o/y, which was solidly above mgmt expectations of a slight decline. The upside revenue surprise, together with the strongest gross margins in nearly 2 years, produced much stronger than expected EPS. Orders rose 6% y/o/y, with the B-T-B at 1.1, while backlog was up 8% y/o/y and 10% sequentially. Mgmt expects revenues for FQ2 to be up modestly y/o/y, with gross margins expected to be flat to down slightly sequentially (though up y/o/y). We are encouraged by the y/o/y improvement in gross margins and generally solid bookings. We are tweaking our numbers for F17 and F18 modestly higher. We reaffirm our Buy rating."
Shares of Daktronics closed at $6.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gigamon (GIMO) PT Raised to $58 at Needham & Company Ahead of Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!