Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Yirendai (YRD) to $38 Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Yirendai Ltd. (NYSE: YRD), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $35.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenue of $131.5 million was up 19.1% Q/Q and 137% Y/Y, ahead of $125.8 million estimates. The company also reported $0.85 in EPS, well above $0.27 estimates. The outperformance is driven in part by a tax benefit resulting from a YRD subsidiary qualifying for exemption of enterprise income tax for 2015 and 2016.
Analyst Mayank Tandon commented, "YRD continued the trend of strong performance in FY16, reporting 3Q results that handily beat estimates on both the top and bottom line. Management raised guidance on both revenue and EBITDA for FY16, reflecting the continued strength in loan volume. The company remains optimistic that regulation of the Chinese online lending industry will drive healthy development, and maintains confidence in its ability to strengthen its competitive position. We continue to believe that YRD is well positioned as a beneficiary of increased regulation and consolidation in the industry, given its brand, scale, and risk-management capabilities. We are raising our estimates to reflect the strength of the results and a lower tax rate going forward. Our new price target is $38, and our rating remains BUY."
Shares of Yirendai Ltd. closed at $30.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!