Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Synopsys (SNPS) Following 4Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS), and raised the price target to $66.00 (from $60.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Results, including revenue of $633.7MM and NG EPS of $0.77, exceeded consensus of $628.4MM and $0.75, respectively. SNPS provided initial F17 guidance calling for revenue of $2.57-2.60B, above consensus of $2.54B, and NG EPS of $3.16-3.23, below consensus $3.25.
Analyst Richard Valera commented, "SNPS delivered strong 4Q results, capping off a year in which the company solidly exceeded its initial revenue, EPS and CFO guidance, and it offered initial F17 guidance that we view as roughly in line with consensus adjusted for its recent acquisitions. While the company's down y/y backlog despite an increase in duration will likely raise some questions (and possibly put some pressure on the shares), we're inclined to give SNPS the benefit of the doubt given its strong recent execution track record. As such, we'd be buyers on any post-earnings weakness. We maintain our Buy and raise our PT to $66 (was $60), or ~17x ex -cash F18 NG EPS."
Shares of Synopsys closed at $60.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!