Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Synopsys (SNPS) Following 4Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS), and raised the price target to $66.00 (from $60.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Results, including revenue of $633.7MM and NG EPS of $0.77, exceeded consensus of $628.4MM and $0.75, respectively. SNPS provided initial F17 guidance calling for revenue of $2.57-2.60B, above consensus of $2.54B, and NG EPS of $3.16-3.23, below consensus $3.25.
Analyst Richard Valera commented, "SNPS delivered strong 4Q results, capping off a year in which the company solidly exceeded its initial revenue, EPS and CFO guidance, and it offered initial F17 guidance that we view as roughly in line with consensus adjusted for its recent acquisitions. While the company's down y/y backlog despite an increase in duration will likely raise some questions (and possibly put some pressure on the shares), we're inclined to give SNPS the benefit of the doubt given its strong recent execution track record. As such, we'd be buyers on any post-earnings weakness. We maintain our Buy and raise our PT to $66 (was $60), or ~17x ex -cash F18 NG EPS."
Shares of Synopsys closed at $60.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!