Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Microchip Technology (MCHP) to $75
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $70.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue was $873.8MM, above consensus estimate of $861.1MM and the high end of the company’s guidance of $852.4-869.3MM. EPS came in at $0.94, compared to $0.87 estimates. MCHP is forecasting $0.85-0.95 EPS for 3Q17, which includes $0.13-0.17 EPS from Atmel.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill commented, "MCHP delivered across the board – both in its core business and Atmel business. Revenue was $873.8MM, up 56.2% Y/Y and above consensus estimate of $861.1MM as well as the high end of the company’s guidance of $852.4-869.3MM. Gross margins were also above company guidance at 57.2% in 2Q17 and beat consensus estimate of 55.8%. EPS came in at $0.94, compared to our $0.87 estimate. The Atmel acquisition contributed $0.14 to EPS for the quarter, which was above management’s previous guidance of $0.09-0.11. Not only did MCHP raise 3Q17 guidance, but it also is increasing its accretion target from Atmel to $0.50, $0.70, and $0.90 for FY17, FY18, and FY19, respectively. With the impressive results across both core and Atmel business lines, higher guidance, and increased accretion targets, we are raising our PT to $75."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $62.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!