Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on II-VI, Inc. (NASDAQ: IIVI), and raised the price target to $32.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenues were up 17% y/o/y to $221.5M, toward the upper end of guidance of $210M-$225M and above consensus of $220M. EPS totaled $0.26, again at the high end of EPS guidance of $0.22-$0.27 and solidly above consensus of $0.24.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "IIVI delivered a strong beat-and-raise quarterly report earlier today, paced by another stellar showing in its optical communications business. Revs came in at the upper end of guidance, as did EPS. Bookings rose 31% y/o/y, driven by a 60% increase in orders in Photonics (optical) and 17% bookings growth in Laser Solutions (industrial). The B-T-B was 1.10. Rev and EPS guidance for FQ2 was stronger-than-expected. We believe momentum in the optical communications market will remain strong over the next several quarters, providing a bridge to new growth opportunities that IIVI is targeting in its VCSEL business for consumer 3D sensing applications. We believe stepped-up investments IIVI is making in VCSELs could result in a meaningful growth catalyst in F18, which is not in our estimates. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of II-VI, Inc. closed at $27.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!