Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on II-VI, Inc. (NASDAQ: IIVI), and raised the price target to $32.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenues were up 17% y/o/y to $221.5M, toward the upper end of guidance of $210M-$225M and above consensus of $220M. EPS totaled $0.26, again at the high end of EPS guidance of $0.22-$0.27 and solidly above consensus of $0.24.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "IIVI delivered a strong beat-and-raise quarterly report earlier today, paced by another stellar showing in its optical communications business. Revs came in at the upper end of guidance, as did EPS. Bookings rose 31% y/o/y, driven by a 60% increase in orders in Photonics (optical) and 17% bookings growth in Laser Solutions (industrial). The B-T-B was 1.10. Rev and EPS guidance for FQ2 was stronger-than-expected. We believe momentum in the optical communications market will remain strong over the next several quarters, providing a bridge to new growth opportunities that IIVI is targeting in its VCSEL business for consumer 3D sensing applications. We believe stepped-up investments IIVI is making in VCSELs could result in a meaningful growth catalyst in F18, which is not in our estimates. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of II-VI, Inc. closed at $27.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!