Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Following 3Q
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE), and raised the price target to $24.00 (from $22.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. HP reported revenues of $12.2B for the quarter. EPS was reported at $0.49, above the guided range for $0.42-0.46 and consensus' $0.44 estimate. The EPS beat was primarily driven by tax benefits contributing ~$0.04 to the beat.
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "HPE continues to make lemonade out of lemons. The company has become adept at pivoting, splitting and divesting as necessary to extract shareholder value out of a business that plus or minus a point is basically not growing. That said, we believe the value extracted from the spin-merger of the software business with Micro Focus adds at least $2 in value for shareholders to our previous $22 price target (now $24) and on that basis warrants a reiteration of our Buy rating."
Shares of HP Enterprise closed at $22.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercury Computer (MRCY) PT Raised to $30 at Jefferies Following 2Q Report
- Yahoo (YHOO) Wasn't Great But It Was Better Than We Feared - Cantor Fitzgerald
- Cree (CREE) Tops Q2 EPS by 10c, Offers Q3 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!