Needham & Company Raises Price Target on FLIR Systems (FLIR) Following Acquisition Announcement
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR), and raised the price target to $40.00 (from $36.00), following the company's announced acquisition of Norwegian micro-drone company, Prox Dynamics, for $134M. Dynamics was founded in 2007 and has been a leader in developing extremely lightweight aerial sensors, controllers, and related software that can be used by soldiers in the field for situational awareness and mission planning.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "FLIR earlier today announced the acquisition of a Norwegian micro-drone company, Prox Dynamics, for $134M. Prox Dynamics has developed and sold innovative nano drones to a number of NATO countries. The company has consistently been highlighted as a technology leader in micro-robotics and was an early adopter of FLIR’s Lepton thermal imaging camera core technology. FLIR did not disclose revs for Prox Dynamics, which we believe are modest. We believe the acquisition establishes FLIR as major player in the burgeoning military market for micro drones. Together with the purchase earlier this quarter of Point Grey Research, a supplier of high-end digital cameras for commercial machine vision applications, we believe FLIR had added key technologies that could be important growth catalysts over the next few years. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of FLIR Systems, Inc. closed at $35.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) PT Raised to $15 at Needham & Company
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Apple (AAPL): Tweaking Estimates Ahead of Earnings - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!