Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Daktronics (DAKT) Following 2Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Daktronics (NASDAQ: DAKT), and raised the price target to $11.00 (from $9.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS totaled $0.20, well above Street's $0.10 estimate. Revenues increased 8% y/o/y to $170M, 4% above $163M estimates. Sales from Live Events increased 9% y/o/y, while bookings dropped 52%, reflecting the timing of awards, particularly larger deals of more than $5M.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DAKT yesterday delivered a solid FQ2 report, highlighted by stronger than expected 8% y/o/y revenue, growth and the strongest quarterly EPS and gross margins in three years. Although orders declined 14%, including a 52% drop in the Live Events vertical, and backlog fell 14%, mgmt sounded cautiously optimistic about the balance of F17 across it major markets, including Live Events where there are several large deals in the pipeline. Mgmt expects revenues for FQ3 to be flat to down slightly y/o/y. We are raising our estimates modestly for F17 and F18. We reaffirm our Buy rating."
Shares of Daktronics closed at $9.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!