Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Daktronics (DAKT) Following 2Q
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Daktronics (NASDAQ: DAKT), and raised the price target to $11.00 (from $9.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS totaled $0.20, well above Street's $0.10 estimate. Revenues increased 8% y/o/y to $170M, 4% above $163M estimates. Sales from Live Events increased 9% y/o/y, while bookings dropped 52%, reflecting the timing of awards, particularly larger deals of more than $5M.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DAKT yesterday delivered a solid FQ2 report, highlighted by stronger than expected 8% y/o/y revenue, growth and the strongest quarterly EPS and gross margins in three years. Although orders declined 14%, including a 52% drop in the Live Events vertical, and backlog fell 14%, mgmt sounded cautiously optimistic about the balance of F17 across it major markets, including Live Events where there are several large deals in the pipeline. Mgmt expects revenues for FQ3 to be flat to down slightly y/o/y. We are raising our estimates modestly for F17 and F18. We reaffirm our Buy rating."
Shares of Daktronics closed at $9.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Goldcorp (GG): Cutting NAV and Price Target - Credit Suisse
- Kroger (KR) PT Raised to $33 at Credit Suisse; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!