Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Coherent, Inc. (COHR) to $130 Following Strong 4Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Coherent, Inc. (NASDAQ: COHR), and raised the price target to $130.00 (from $115.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Revenues increased 19% y/o/y to $248.5M, above guidance of $235M-245M and well ahead of consensus $242M. Non-GAAP EPS came in at $1.65, well above consensus expectations of $1.52. The company benefited from increased operating leverage.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "COHR posted stronger-than-expected FQ4 results after the close, registered solid bookings and provided much stronger revenue guidance for FQ1. Orders were down 36% q/o/q, though COHR took in another $100M of OLED-related bookings after the quarter. COHR provided much stronger than expected revenue guidance for FQ1, with y/o/y growth of 34-39%. The FQ1 guide would suggest that mgmt’s previous preliminary guidance for F17 revenues of $950M-$1B is overly conservative. We expect mgmt to address this issue when it provides revised guidance later this month after it closes the pending acquisition of Rofin-Sinar. We believe the addition of RSTI will result in a stronger and more diversified laser company with an expanded market reach at the same time that standalone Coherent rides the OLED growth wave. We reaffirm our Buy rating."
Shares of Coherent closed at $101.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!