Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cognex Corp (CGNX) to $61 Following Solid 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Cognex Corp (NASDAQ: CGNX), and raised the price target to $61.00 (from $55.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenues increased 38% to $148M, above the high end of guidance of $142-147M. The consensus revenue forecast was $145.8M. The beat was driven by strong shipments into the consumer electronics market. EPS increased to $0.54, solidly above guidance of $0.48.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "CGNX after the close yesterday delivered a stronger-than-expected Q3 report, with revenues up 38% y/y, above the high end of guidance, while EPS came in 13% above Street expectations even after backing out a discrete tax benefit. Management, as expected, guided to sequentially down Q4 revenues, reflecting normal seasonal weakness in the consumer electronics market, though up 18-21% y/ y and solidly above consensus. CGNX also announced the acquisition of two small 3D machine vision companies, consistent with mgmt’s increased focus on the emerging 3D machine vision market. We came away from the Q3 report and recent investor day more optimistic about upside potential to numbers for next year. We maintain our Buy given the underlying growth potential that we see for the business and new growth initiatives CGNX is targeting."
Shares of Cognex closed at $51.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!