Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Applied Materials (AMAT) Following Mixed 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT), and raised the price target to $34.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenue of $2.82B slightly missed the Street's $2.84B, but NG EPS of $0.50 beat consensus of $0.48 due to lower tax.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "AMAT reported a strong F3Q16 (Jul) and provided substantially higher guidance, driven by strong growth in SemiCap and Display businesses. TAM expansion as the industry shifts spending to AMAT's targeted segments, coupled with market share gains (particularly around 3D NAND) and success of new products (such as encap in Display), are driving accelerated growth. We estimate AMAT is on track to grow 24% in CY16, and we believe many of the growth trends are sustainable for AMAT (and the industry) into CY2017 and beyond. With a substantial increase in forward earnings estimates, we see more upside to share price and reiterate our Buy, raising our Price Target from $29 to $34."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $27.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!