Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Buy rating on AXT, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXTI), and raised the price target to $6.50 (from $5.50), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AXTI reported revenue of $21.9MM, surpassing company guidance of $20.5-21.5MM and the Street's $21.4MM estimate. EPS of $0.07 also beat guidance of $0.03-$0.05 and came in ahead of consensus of $0.03. 4Q revenue guidance of $18.5-19.5MM misses the Street's $21.3MM mostly due to softness in demand for raw materials and weakness in S.I. GaAs. EPS was guided to $0.02-$0.04.
Analyst Edwin Mok commented, "AXTI reported strong 3Q16 results but provided sequentially lower 4Q16 guidance. Despite near-term weakness in the Chinese fiber optic space slowing InP growth, we believe the multiple growth drivers for the InP market remain intact. Given 2 quarters of strong gross margins, we are increasingly confident the new levels can sustain, with more upside as InP recovers. The stock pulled back in after hour trading on the weaker guidance, but we see it as a buying opportunity given the transient nature of the setbacks and substantially higher profitability in the model. Maintain our Buy and raise our PT to $6.50."
Shares of AXT, Inc. closed at $5.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!