Needham & Company Maintains 'Hold' Rating on Rackspace (RAX) Amid Merger; Still Sees Business Ramp Taking Years
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company affirms Rackspace Hosting (NYSE: RAX) at Hold following news that Apollo Group would acquire the company for $32 per share.
The firm commented,
When the history is finally written on RAX as a public company we suspect it will largely read as a well-executed marketing spin on a traditional hosting business; a company that was unable to fully capitalize on the cloud mega-trend it successfully framed for customers due to scale disadvantages. In response the company has wisely pivoted to leveraging their strongest asset (their people) to help migrate/manage workloads on competing clouds. Unfortunately, bringing this new business to critical mass will take years, in our view, which is why we believe the right decision for shareholders is to undergo this metamorphosis as a private company.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!