Needham & Company Maintains Bullish View on VMware (VMW) Following Analyst Day
- Greece, China Issues Weigh on Market Psychology
- Aetna (AET) to Acquire Humana (HUM) for $37 Billion, or $230/Share
- Top 10 News for 6/29 - 7/2: Greece's Bark Bites Markets; Tesla's Q2 Sales Outpace; Major Insurance Merger Announced
- Yelp (YELP) Sale Process Said to Stall as CEO Changes Mind
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated a Buy rating and $110 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) following the company's analyst day, saying long-term guidance is likely conservative.
Zeller comments, "The VMware analyst day focused on demonstrating that the company has executed on CEO Pat Gelsinger’s vision (arrived 2 yrs ago), and also on showing that VMW is positioned to benefit from Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC), End User Computing and Hybrid Cloud. These new areas represent nearly 70% of the “new TAM” the company is chasing, post “compute” (original virtualization market). “Broad strokes” for CY15 revenue were a slight disappointment at “mid-teens” vs. previous 16-20%. With license growth and ELAs invigorated in JuneQ, we believe management is being conservative."
The firm trimmed FY 2015 EPS from $4.39 to $4.20.
Shares of VMware closed at $100.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 1Q15 Results
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Axiall Corp. (AXLL) as Market Challenges Continue
- Boot Barn (BOOT) PT Raised to $41 at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!