Needham & Company Maintains Bullish View on VMware (VMW) Following Analyst Day
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated a Buy rating and $110 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) following the company's analyst day, saying long-term guidance is likely conservative.
Zeller comments, "The VMware analyst day focused on demonstrating that the company has executed on CEO Pat Gelsinger’s vision (arrived 2 yrs ago), and also on showing that VMW is positioned to benefit from Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC), End User Computing and Hybrid Cloud. These new areas represent nearly 70% of the “new TAM” the company is chasing, post “compute” (original virtualization market). “Broad strokes” for CY15 revenue were a slight disappointment at “mid-teens” vs. previous 16-20%. With license growth and ELAs invigorated in JuneQ, we believe management is being conservative."
The firm trimmed FY 2015 EPS from $4.39 to $4.20.
Shares of VMware closed at $100.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!