Needham & Company Maintains Bullish View on VMware (VMW) Following Analyst Day
- Top 10 News for 10/20 - 10/24: Apple Ramps on Results; Loeb Eyes Amgen; Advanced Technologies Exits Sapphire Game
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; To Spin-Off Duracell
- Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham now cured - NIH Says
- Ford Motor (F) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- SodaStream (SODA) Confirms 'Small-Scale' PepsiCo (PEP) Test
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated a Buy rating and $110 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) following the company's analyst day, saying long-term guidance is likely conservative.
Zeller comments, "The VMware analyst day focused on demonstrating that the company has executed on CEO Pat Gelsinger’s vision (arrived 2 yrs ago), and also on showing that VMW is positioned to benefit from Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC), End User Computing and Hybrid Cloud. These new areas represent nearly 70% of the “new TAM” the company is chasing, post “compute” (original virtualization market). “Broad strokes” for CY15 revenue were a slight disappointment at “mid-teens” vs. previous 16-20%. With license growth and ELAs invigorated in JuneQ, we believe management is being conservative."
The firm trimmed FY 2015 EPS from $4.39 to $4.20.
Shares of VMware closed at $100.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades KLA-Tencor (KLAC) to Neutral - Correct
- BioMarin (BMRN) PT Lifted to $87 at Jefferies Posts Q3
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades Gigamon (GIMO) to Neutral on Signs of Growth
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!