Needham & Company Maintains Bullish View on VMware (VMW) Following Analyst Day
- Top 10 News for 8/22 - 8/26: Yellen Hints at Hike; Muddy Waters Picks New Target; Pfizer, Medivation Make it Official
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Wall Street slips in wake of comments by top Fed officials
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated a Buy rating and $110 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) following the company's analyst day, saying long-term guidance is likely conservative.
Zeller comments, "The VMware analyst day focused on demonstrating that the company has executed on CEO Pat Gelsinger’s vision (arrived 2 yrs ago), and also on showing that VMW is positioned to benefit from Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC), End User Computing and Hybrid Cloud. These new areas represent nearly 70% of the “new TAM” the company is chasing, post “compute” (original virtualization market). “Broad strokes” for CY15 revenue were a slight disappointment at “mid-teens” vs. previous 16-20%. With license growth and ELAs invigorated in JuneQ, we believe management is being conservative."
The firm trimmed FY 2015 EPS from $4.39 to $4.20.
Shares of VMware closed at $100.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Raises Price Target on PVH Corp. (PVH) to $124 Following 2Q Report
- UBS Remains Sidelined on Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT) - PT to $39
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Ferroglobe plc (GSM) to $12; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!