Needham & Company Maintains Bullish View on VMware (VMW) Following Analyst Day
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated a Buy rating and $110 price target on VMware (NYSE: VMW) following the company's analyst day, saying long-term guidance is likely conservative.
Zeller comments, "The VMware analyst day focused on demonstrating that the company has executed on CEO Pat Gelsinger’s vision (arrived 2 yrs ago), and also on showing that VMW is positioned to benefit from Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC), End User Computing and Hybrid Cloud. These new areas represent nearly 70% of the “new TAM” the company is chasing, post “compute” (original virtualization market). “Broad strokes” for CY15 revenue were a slight disappointment at “mid-teens” vs. previous 16-20%. With license growth and ELAs invigorated in JuneQ, we believe management is being conservative."
The firm trimmed FY 2015 EPS from $4.39 to $4.20.
Shares of VMware closed at $100.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Gastar Exploration (GST) Following Announced Transactions
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!