Needham & Company Keeps Top Rating on Finisar (FNSR) Despite Q4 'Miss', Sell-Off
- Wall Street indexes flat in pre-holiday lull; health, consumer up
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders Outpace in Oct.; Deere Issues Cautious Outlook; Valeant Combats Short Sellers
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson reiterated a Strong Buy rating and $31 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) following its Q4 EPS miss and related 22% sell-off.
Henderson commented, "The Finisar release likely gave the bears all the ammunition they need to maul the bull camp, despite a continuing stronger than expected growth story. Management provided a detail-less conference call, leaving more questions unanswered than answered, and not much more was provided on the call back. While we are increasing our Revenue forecast, we are forced to sharply reduce our Gross Margin assumptions and as a result lower our EPS."
The firm cut FY 2015 EPS from $1.84 to $1.60 and FY 2016 EPS was set at $2.01.
Shares of Finisar closed at $25.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Daktronics (DAKT) Miss Mostly due to Outdoor Live Events Business; Needham & Company Cuts Price Target to $9.50
- FBN Securities Starts HP, Inc. (HPQ) at Sector Perform
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) PT Bumped Higher at Piper Jaffray, Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!