Needham & Company Keeps Top Rating on Finisar (FNSR) Despite Q4 'Miss', Sell-Off
- Wall Street gains as financials rally on Fed rate comments
- EU likely to hand Apple Irish tax bill of over 1 billion euro: source
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/29: (MCUR) (KONE) (STAF) Higher; (CZR) (BOSC) (CORE) Lower
- Herbalife (HLF) Gains on Chatter Icahn Adding More as He Looks to Bury Ackman
- Mylan (MYL) Plans to Launch Generic EpiPen; Will Cost 50% Less than Name Brand
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson reiterated a Strong Buy rating and $31 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) following its Q4 EPS miss and related 22% sell-off.
Henderson commented, "The Finisar release likely gave the bears all the ammunition they need to maul the bull camp, despite a continuing stronger than expected growth story. Management provided a detail-less conference call, leaving more questions unanswered than answered, and not much more was provided on the call back. While we are increasing our Revenue forecast, we are forced to sharply reduce our Gross Margin assumptions and as a result lower our EPS."
The firm cut FY 2015 EPS from $1.84 to $1.60 and FY 2016 EPS was set at $2.01.
Shares of Finisar closed at $25.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nomura Securities Raises Price Target on Tiffany & Co. (TIF) Following Better-Than-Expected 2Q
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $80; Reiterates Buy
- Lululemon (LULU) Earnings Turnaround Likely Underway - Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!