Needham & Company Keeps Brooks Automation (BRKS) at 'Buy' Amid Cool Lab Deal
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company affirms Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS) at Buy with a price target of $17 following news that it acquired Cool Lab.
The firm commented Wednesday:
Deal is in line with BRKS's strategic push to become a comprehensive provider of sample management solutions. When BRKS initially started its Life Science effort, it planned to become an equipment supplier. However, as BRKS continued to develop the business, it has strategically increased its efforts in selling consumables. With the acquisition of BioStorage in Nov 2015, the majority of its Life Science business has become a recurring revenue stream, which has been an important factor in driving growth and profitability in this segment. We believe this latest deal matches with BRKS' strategic transitioning from tools to consumables, sample management and informatics, ultimately becoming a comprehensive provider of sample storage solutions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham Maintains Hold On Disney (DIS), Cuts Q1 2017 Revs And Profit Estimates
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Jefferies Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!