Needham & Company Incrementally More Positive on Veeco (VECO) Amid Cost Cuts, Boosted Outlook
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The firm commented today:
The release suggests VECO clearly is gaining some momentum in MOCVD, but we see uneven recovery in the space, given the ongoing challenges of falling LED prices limiting the ability for customers to invest in new capacity. The restructuring of the ALD technology highlights the challenges in entering new segments for VECO, which are growth opportunities, but VECO is facing substantially larger incumbents in the semiconductor equipment space.
Overall, we are incrementally more positive given the raised 3Q16 guidance, but prefer to wait for further evidence of a sustainable recovery in the MOCVD space before getting aggressive on the name.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- Needham & Company Starts Nutanix (NTNX) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!