Needham & Company Incrementally More Positive on Veeco (VECO) Amid Cost Cuts, Boosted Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The firm commented today:
The release suggests VECO clearly is gaining some momentum in MOCVD, but we see uneven recovery in the space, given the ongoing challenges of falling LED prices limiting the ability for customers to invest in new capacity. The restructuring of the ALD technology highlights the challenges in entering new segments for VECO, which are growth opportunities, but VECO is facing substantially larger incumbents in the semiconductor equipment space.
Overall, we are incrementally more positive given the raised 3Q16 guidance, but prefer to wait for further evidence of a sustainable recovery in the MOCVD space before getting aggressive on the name.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oclaro (OCLR): Preannouncement Positive And Margin Leverage Means More To Come - Needham
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!