Needham & Company Downgrades Workday (WDAY) to Hold Amid Cautious Industry Checks
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Workday (NYSE: WDAY) from Buy to Hold, saying checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging.
Analyst Scott Berg commented, "We downgrade WDAY to Hold from Buy as our recent industry checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging. We like WDAY's long-term strategy and believe its significant push into financials is the right strategic move, but our checks continue to suggest the high end of the HRMS market remains slow and competitive, along with Financials sales remaining difficult as customers don't seem ready for a Cloud solution, and functionality not quite complete yet. We believe the result will be 2Q billings in line with recent decelerating trends for outperformance, and with a valuation trading at 9.5x EV/FY17 revenues and 7.x FY18, we believe the stock to be fully valued. We could become more constructive if our view on Financials proves too conservative."
Shares of Workday closed at $82.08 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!