Needham & Company Downgrades Workday (WDAY) to Hold Amid Cautious Industry Checks
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company downgraded Workday (NYSE: WDAY) from Buy to Hold, saying checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging.
Analyst Scott Berg commented, "We downgrade WDAY to Hold from Buy as our recent industry checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging. We like WDAY's long-term strategy and believe its significant push into financials is the right strategic move, but our checks continue to suggest the high end of the HRMS market remains slow and competitive, along with Financials sales remaining difficult as customers don't seem ready for a Cloud solution, and functionality not quite complete yet. We believe the result will be 2Q billings in line with recent decelerating trends for outperformance, and with a valuation trading at 9.5x EV/FY17 revenues and 7.x FY18, we believe the stock to be fully valued. We could become more constructive if our view on Financials proves too conservative."
Shares of Workday closed at $82.08 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!