Needham & Company Downgrades Workday (WDAY) to Hold Amid Cautious Industry Checks
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Workday (NYSE: WDAY) from Buy to Hold, saying checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging.
Analyst Scott Berg commented, "We downgrade WDAY to Hold from Buy as our recent industry checks indicate 2Q billings upside will again be limited and Financials sales, while likely up Y/Y, remain challenging. We like WDAY's long-term strategy and believe its significant push into financials is the right strategic move, but our checks continue to suggest the high end of the HRMS market remains slow and competitive, along with Financials sales remaining difficult as customers don't seem ready for a Cloud solution, and functionality not quite complete yet. We believe the result will be 2Q billings in line with recent decelerating trends for outperformance, and with a valuation trading at 9.5x EV/FY17 revenues and 7.x FY18, we believe the stock to be fully valued. We could become more constructive if our view on Financials proves too conservative."
Shares of Workday closed at $82.08 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY): Lost Deals Create Buying Opportunity - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!