Needham & Company Downgrades Universal Display (OLED) to Hold as 2nd-Half Outlook Cut
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Universal Display (NASDAQ: OLED) from Buy to Hold and 2nd-half revenue cut.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "We are reducing our rating on UDC to Hold from Buy after Q2 results came in modestly below expectations and mgmt reduced the 2H rev outlook. With the stock having closed yesterday above our target price, we're unable to support the Buy with the latest estimate cut. We believe UDC is uniquely positioned to benefit from the new OLED manufacturing capacity that will begin coming on line later next year; however, the existing capacity is not producing the growth we had anticipated for UDC. Mgmt reduced its 2016 revenue guidance by 5-10%, citing expectations of a less favorable mix of emitter revenue, lower than expected royalty revenues and higher manufacturing efficiencies by its customers, which impacts materials consumption. While we believe these are temporary issues, we now believe these headwinds could carry well into 2017."
The firm is lowering lowering 2016 EPS estimate to $0.90 from $1.05 on revenues of $197.7M from $220.8M. They lower 2017 EPS estimate to $1.35 from $1.65 on revenues of $265M (up 34%).
Shares of Universal Display closed at $70.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!