Needham & Company Downgrades Senomyx (SNMX) to Hold
- Wall Street rally continues as laggards advance
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Senomyx (NASDAQ: SNMX) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst Serge Belanger commented, "SNMX reported 3Q16 financials that exceeded expectations on both top- and bottom-line but the main headline of the quarterly update is PepsiCo.'s (PEP; N/R) decision to not proceed with the national launch of S617-reformulated Mug Root Beer. The potential impact of the decision represented only ~$1.5MM in potential revenues, but the implications are much wider, in our view, as we believe it calls into question the commercial viability of S617. We viewed S617 as SNMX's key near-term value growth driver, as we expected PEP to launch multiple S617-formulated products across different geographies. We are downgrading to Hold given that S617-driven growth now appears unlikely and while Direct Sales is growing, we see no near-term commercial revenue inflection point on the horizon."
Shares of Senomyx closed at $2.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!