Needham & Company Downgrades Photronics (PLAB) to Hold, Model Reset Following Warning
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Photronics (NASDAQ: PLAB) from Buy to Hold on model reset following warning.
Analyst Y. Edwin Mok commented, "We are downgrading PLAB from Buy to Hold after the company lowered guidance for the October quarter. PLAB is facing near-term pressure on multiple fronts in both high-end and mainstream businesses that could further decline in the January quarter. In semi, we believe the transition at Micron [UP] appears to be more challenging than previously anticipated, while limited volume of leading-edge logic production should constrain revenue contribution in the coming year. In display, while the adoption of AMOLED should offer great longer-term opportunities, we see several quarters of lumpy transition limiting rebound of this business. Overall, we are materially lowering earnings in the next few quarters, and see limited upside to the stock even after the sharp pull-back in after-hour trading."
Lowering FY16E NG EPS to $0.44 and FY17E to $0.20. Introduce FY18E rev/EPS at $490MM/$0.45.
Shares of Photronics closed at $10.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!