Needham & Company Downgrades Photronics (PLAB) to Hold, Model Reset Following Warning
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company downgraded Photronics (NASDAQ: PLAB) from Buy to Hold on model reset following warning.
Analyst Y. Edwin Mok commented, "We are downgrading PLAB from Buy to Hold after the company lowered guidance for the October quarter. PLAB is facing near-term pressure on multiple fronts in both high-end and mainstream businesses that could further decline in the January quarter. In semi, we believe the transition at Micron [UP] appears to be more challenging than previously anticipated, while limited volume of leading-edge logic production should constrain revenue contribution in the coming year. In display, while the adoption of AMOLED should offer great longer-term opportunities, we see several quarters of lumpy transition limiting rebound of this business. Overall, we are materially lowering earnings in the next few quarters, and see limited upside to the stock even after the sharp pull-back in after-hour trading."
Lowering FY16E NG EPS to $0.44 and FY17E to $0.20. Introduce FY18E rev/EPS at $490MM/$0.45.
Shares of Photronics closed at $10.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Arc Logistics Partners (ARCX) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!