Needham & Company Downgrades Photronics (PLAB) to Hold, Model Reset Following Warning
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Photronics (NASDAQ: PLAB) from Buy to Hold on model reset following warning.
Analyst Y. Edwin Mok commented, "We are downgrading PLAB from Buy to Hold after the company lowered guidance for the October quarter. PLAB is facing near-term pressure on multiple fronts in both high-end and mainstream businesses that could further decline in the January quarter. In semi, we believe the transition at Micron [UP] appears to be more challenging than previously anticipated, while limited volume of leading-edge logic production should constrain revenue contribution in the coming year. In display, while the adoption of AMOLED should offer great longer-term opportunities, we see several quarters of lumpy transition limiting rebound of this business. Overall, we are materially lowering earnings in the next few quarters, and see limited upside to the stock even after the sharp pull-back in after-hour trading."
Lowering FY16E NG EPS to $0.44 and FY17E to $0.20. Introduce FY18E rev/EPS at $490MM/$0.45.
Shares of Photronics closed at $10.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades TCF Financial (TCB) to Hold
- Biogen (BIIB): Tecfidera Sales Could Be Weak - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!