Needham & Company Downgrades Measurement Specialties (MEAS) to Hold
- Deere & Co. (DE) Posts Q2 EPS of $2.03; Lowers Equipment Sales Outlook for FY15
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/22: (EROC) (ABTL) (QURE) Higher; (ARO) (OTIC) (CVM) Lower (more...)
- Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c
- U.S. CPI Rose 0.1% in April, Down M/M; Subpar Energy, Food Performance Weigh on Gains
Analyst Sean K.F. Hannan said, "We believe TEL’s planned acquisition of MEAS is a sound strategy for the global connectivity leader as it expands its offering as a solutions provider to both “connect and sense”. The MEAS portfolio will also likely help expand TEL’s strategic efforts in auto (engine/vehicle), internet of things (IoT) & other attractive growth markets. Further, we believe MEAS investors will welcome the deal considering the 10% premium (to 6/18 close) is on top of the stock's healthy 28.5% performance YTD (vs just under 6% for the S&P 500) following a strong run in '13. As we also believe it is unlikely another bidder will step up, we now downgrade our rating on MEAS to Hold."
Shares of Measurement Specialties closed at $78.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Remains Sidelined Following Hewlett-Packard's (HPQ) F2Q Results
- Wedbush Remains Sidelined Following L Brands (LB) 1Q
- Brocade (BRCD) Posts Another Storage Miss, BMO Capital Notes; EPS Estimates Lifted Despite Lower Revenues
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!