Needham & Company Downgrades Measurement Specialties (MEAS) to Hold
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/26: (EGLE) (PSG) (PQ) Higher; (ESI) (ACET) (CORI) Lower
- Wall Street falls after Fischer, Yellen comments
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
Analyst Sean K.F. Hannan said, "We believe TEL’s planned acquisition of MEAS is a sound strategy for the global connectivity leader as it expands its offering as a solutions provider to both “connect and sense”. The MEAS portfolio will also likely help expand TEL’s strategic efforts in auto (engine/vehicle), internet of things (IoT) & other attractive growth markets. Further, we believe MEAS investors will welcome the deal considering the 10% premium (to 6/18 close) is on top of the stock's healthy 28.5% performance YTD (vs just under 6% for the S&P 500) following a strong run in '13. As we also believe it is unlikely another bidder will step up, we now downgrade our rating on MEAS to Hold."
Shares of Measurement Specialties closed at $78.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Maintains 'Hold' Rating on Rackspace (RAX) Amid Merger; Still Sees Business Ramp Taking Years
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Medtronic (MDT) to $100 Following 1Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $255 Following 2Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!