Needham & Company Downgrades Measurement Specialties (MEAS) to Hold
- Gains in financial, energy stocks lift Wall Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 5/25: (INNL) (CSC) (BCEI) Higher; (MGT) (TMST) (DV) Lower
- Medivation's (MDVN) Board Split Over Support for Gilead (GILD), Pfizer (PFE) Proposals - Source
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Shares Hit as Alibaba (BABA) SEC Woes Could Impact Core Asset Sale
- Alibaba (BABA) Said to Face U.S. Accounting Inquiry
Analyst Sean K.F. Hannan said, "We believe TEL’s planned acquisition of MEAS is a sound strategy for the global connectivity leader as it expands its offering as a solutions provider to both “connect and sense”. The MEAS portfolio will also likely help expand TEL’s strategic efforts in auto (engine/vehicle), internet of things (IoT) & other attractive growth markets. Further, we believe MEAS investors will welcome the deal considering the 10% premium (to 6/18 close) is on top of the stock's healthy 28.5% performance YTD (vs just under 6% for the S&P 500) following a strong run in '13. As we also believe it is unlikely another bidder will step up, we now downgrade our rating on MEAS to Hold."
Shares of Measurement Specialties closed at $78.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Following 2Q Beat
- Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Kirkland's (KIRK) to $25 Following 1Q Report
- Imperial Capital Downgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to Underperform as Borrowing Base Slashed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!