Needham & Company Downgrades Measurement Specialties (MEAS) to Hold
- Wall Street rises as tech, discretionary stocks gain
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/27: (GI) (DRRX) (KTOV) Higher; (CVM) (CZR) (AOI) Lower
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent on fading hopes for output deal in Algiers
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
Analyst Sean K.F. Hannan said, "We believe TEL’s planned acquisition of MEAS is a sound strategy for the global connectivity leader as it expands its offering as a solutions provider to both “connect and sense”. The MEAS portfolio will also likely help expand TEL’s strategic efforts in auto (engine/vehicle), internet of things (IoT) & other attractive growth markets. Further, we believe MEAS investors will welcome the deal considering the 10% premium (to 6/18 close) is on top of the stock's healthy 28.5% performance YTD (vs just under 6% for the S&P 500) following a strong run in '13. As we also believe it is unlikely another bidder will step up, we now downgrade our rating on MEAS to Hold."
Shares of Measurement Specialties closed at $78.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) to $104 Following 3Q Beat and Raise
- Stifel Reiterates Buy Following Carnival Corp's (CCL) Strong 3Q
- Goldman Sachs Thinks Lilly (LLY) is Compelling With or Without Potential Blockbuster AD Drug Sola; Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!