Needham & Company Downgrades Measurement Specialties (MEAS) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
Analyst Sean K.F. Hannan said, "We believe TEL’s planned acquisition of MEAS is a sound strategy for the global connectivity leader as it expands its offering as a solutions provider to both “connect and sense”. The MEAS portfolio will also likely help expand TEL’s strategic efforts in auto (engine/vehicle), internet of things (IoT) & other attractive growth markets. Further, we believe MEAS investors will welcome the deal considering the 10% premium (to 6/18 close) is on top of the stock's healthy 28.5% performance YTD (vs just under 6% for the S&P 500) following a strong run in '13. As we also believe it is unlikely another bidder will step up, we now downgrade our rating on MEAS to Hold."
Shares of Measurement Specialties closed at $78.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
- Google (GOOG) (GOOGL) PT Trimmed to $625 at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Previews Apple (AAPL) Q2; Raises Est, PT and Sees Large Capital Return Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!