Needham & Company Downgrades Hortonworks (HDP) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company downgraded Hortonworks (NASDAQ: HDP) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, " If HDP were another company, with a long track record of execution and delivering on bold goals that require some faith, the relatively minor top and bottomline miss in 2Q could perhaps be overlooked. However, as a comparatively new public company with a deficit in the consistency department, there will likely be no quarter offered by investors today. 3Q guidance below the Street does not help matters, nor that the reiterated target of adjusted EBITDA breakeven in 4Q creates a higher hurdle, nor the resignation of the President and COO. Consequently, we are downgrading to Hold from Buy, with upcoming potential catalysts of adjusted EBITDA breakeven, OCF breakeven 3-6 months later, and the strategic value of HDP to partners such as MSFT likely providing some support to the stock over time."
Shares of Hortonworks closed at $12.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!