Needham & Company Discusses Vertex (VRTX) Phase 2 Trial of Ivacaftor in CF
- Market Wrap: Mobile Bolsters Facebook in Q2; FAA Halts Israel Flights for Second Day; Earnings Aplenty
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 10c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/23: (FTNT) (ARIA) (FB) Higher; (ANGI) (TRIP) (CRUS) Lower (more...)
- Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c, Raises FY Guidance
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Tops Q2 EPS by 63c; Boosts FY14 Revenue Outlook
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr weighed in on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) following top-line results from a Phase 2 trial of ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis patients with residual function CFTR mutations.
"We note statistically significant, but modest absolute changes in FEV1 in the two-part trial (2.8% vs. 0.6% placebo [p=0.004] in 2-wk blinded Part 1 and 4.7% [p=0.0001] in 8-wk open-label Part 2)," Carr said. "Based on these results, the company plans to move forward with a Phase 3 trial after discussions with regulators around trial design. Results from the pivotal TRAFFIC and TRANSPORT trials are expected soon. These trials are testing ivacaftor/lumacaftor in homozygous F508del pts and are at the core of the company's CF strategy. We continue to expect a positive outcome and reiterate our BUY rating and $95 target."
Shares of Vertex closed at $72.96 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roth Sees Significant Advantages to TG Therapeutics' (TGTX) TGR-1202 vs. Gilead's (GILD) Zydelig; Reiterates 'Focus Pick' Rating
- Signature Bank (SBNY) PT, Estimates Raised at Jefferies Post Q2
- Avoid Semis, Says Goldman Sachs (XLNX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!