Needham & Company Discusses Vertex (VRTX) Phase 2 Trial of Ivacaftor in CF
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr weighed in on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) following top-line results from a Phase 2 trial of ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis patients with residual function CFTR mutations.
"We note statistically significant, but modest absolute changes in FEV1 in the two-part trial (2.8% vs. 0.6% placebo [p=0.004] in 2-wk blinded Part 1 and 4.7% [p=0.0001] in 8-wk open-label Part 2)," Carr said. "Based on these results, the company plans to move forward with a Phase 3 trial after discussions with regulators around trial design. Results from the pivotal TRAFFIC and TRANSPORT trials are expected soon. These trials are testing ivacaftor/lumacaftor in homozygous F508del pts and are at the core of the company's CF strategy. We continue to expect a positive outcome and reiterate our BUY rating and $95 target."
Shares of Vertex closed at $72.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Following Investor Event
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Quantenna Communications (QTNA) IPO Opens at $16.80/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!