Needham & Company Discusses Vertex (VRTX) Phase 2 Trial of Ivacaftor in CF
- Top 10 News for 10/20 - 10/24: Apple Ramps on Results; Loeb Eyes Amgen; Advanced Technologies Exits Sapphire Game
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; To Spin-Off Duracell
- Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham now cured - NIH Says
- Ford Motor (F) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- SodaStream (SODA) Confirms 'Small-Scale' PepsiCo (PEP) Test
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr weighed in on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) following top-line results from a Phase 2 trial of ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis patients with residual function CFTR mutations.
"We note statistically significant, but modest absolute changes in FEV1 in the two-part trial (2.8% vs. 0.6% placebo [p=0.004] in 2-wk blinded Part 1 and 4.7% [p=0.0001] in 8-wk open-label Part 2)," Carr said. "Based on these results, the company plans to move forward with a Phase 3 trial after discussions with regulators around trial design. Results from the pivotal TRAFFIC and TRANSPORT trials are expected soon. These trials are testing ivacaftor/lumacaftor in homozygous F508del pts and are at the core of the company's CF strategy. We continue to expect a positive outcome and reiterate our BUY rating and $95 target."
Shares of Vertex closed at $72.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades KLA-Tencor (KLAC) to Neutral - Correct
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NPSP) to Neutral
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!