Needham & Company Discusses Vertex (VRTX) Phase 2 Trial of Ivacaftor in CF
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/2: (XRSC) (DGLY) (ISNS) Higher; (EXEL) (CONN) (RSH) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Home Depot (HD) Hit on Reports of Massive Credit Card Breach
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr weighed in on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) following top-line results from a Phase 2 trial of ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis patients with residual function CFTR mutations.
"We note statistically significant, but modest absolute changes in FEV1 in the two-part trial (2.8% vs. 0.6% placebo [p=0.004] in 2-wk blinded Part 1 and 4.7% [p=0.0001] in 8-wk open-label Part 2)," Carr said. "Based on these results, the company plans to move forward with a Phase 3 trial after discussions with regulators around trial design. Results from the pivotal TRAFFIC and TRANSPORT trials are expected soon. These trials are testing ivacaftor/lumacaftor in homozygous F508del pts and are at the core of the company's CF strategy. We continue to expect a positive outcome and reiterate our BUY rating and $95 target."
Shares of Vertex closed at $72.96 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Remains Bullish on Biotech; Achillion Pharma (ACHN) PT Raised to $15 (AMGN) (CELG) (GILD) (MDVN)
- Aircraft Leasing Stocks Reiterated Buy at Deutsche Bank (AL) (AER) (FLY) (AYR)
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $104 at Nomura Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!