Needham & Company Discusses Vertex (VRTX) Phase 2 Trial of Ivacaftor in CF
- Wall St falls as lower oil prices weigh on energy stocks
- ADP Employment Change (Aug) 177K vs 175K Expected
- Medivation (MDVN) Bidding War Was Hotter Than the Market Even Thought
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Guides FY17 EPS Above Views; Approves $500M Stock Buyback
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 08/31: (CHS) (ININ) (VEEV) Higher; (AVAV) (PANW) (HRB) Lower (more...)
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr weighed in on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) following top-line results from a Phase 2 trial of ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis patients with residual function CFTR mutations.
"We note statistically significant, but modest absolute changes in FEV1 in the two-part trial (2.8% vs. 0.6% placebo [p=0.004] in 2-wk blinded Part 1 and 4.7% [p=0.0001] in 8-wk open-label Part 2)," Carr said. "Based on these results, the company plans to move forward with a Phase 3 trial after discussions with regulators around trial design. Results from the pivotal TRAFFIC and TRANSPORT trials are expected soon. These trials are testing ivacaftor/lumacaftor in homozygous F508del pts and are at the core of the company's CF strategy. We continue to expect a positive outcome and reiterate our BUY rating and $95 target."
Shares of Vertex closed at $72.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Veeva Systems (VEEV) Following 2Q report
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Exa (EXA) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) following 4Q Beat and Guide
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!