Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Medtronic (MDT) to $84 Following 2Q
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company maintained a Buy rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and cut the price target to $84.00 (from $95.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue was reported at $7.345B, missing consensus of $7.450B. Adjusted EPS was $1.12 vs. consensus of $1.11.
Analyst Mike Matson commented, "F2Q17 revenue missed and EPS beat consensus (due to a tax benefit) and MDT lowered its FY17 guidance. Organic selling-day adjusted revenue growth slowed to 2.2% CC vs. 5.3% CC in F1Q17 with new products adding ~195 bps, emerging markets adding ~120 bps, and services & solutions added ~20 bps. The revenue shortfall was mainly due to a lull in new product launches in certain businesses including Cardiac & Vascular and Diabetes. Operating margin was better than expected and up 150 bps Y/Y CC. We maintain our Buy rating since we expect growth to improve as MDT launches key products over the next few quarters."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $80.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
- Seaport Global Securities Downgrades FMC Corp. (FMC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!