Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on HealthStream (HSTM) to $28 Following 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company maintained a Buy rating on HealthStream (NASDAQ: HSTM), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $32.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. HSTM’s workforce solutions segment grew 4.6% Y/Y, driven by elevated demand for the resuscitation suite which continues to exceed internal expectations. Revenues were negatively impacted by customers switching to a lower cost e-survey product versus the higher cost telephony based survey.
Analyst Scott Berg commented, "HSTM's 3Q call highlighted a company whose sales execution is above expectations but product transitions and implementation delays should pressure FY17 revenue growth. Workforce Solutions segment commentary, its largest by revenue, remains above expectations, led by its Resuscitation product. However, two top five customers began switching from HSTM's high-cost telephony surveys to lower cost e-surveys with higher margin, and this transition period could pressure revenue growth through 4Q17. Coupled with implementation delays in Provider Solutions (which have sold well), we are reducing our FY17 revenue estimates by $7mm to reflect the near term optics. While we continue to like the business and laud recent sales execution, we reduce our PT to $28, believing the reduced growth assumptions pressure valuation in the near-term."
Shares of HealthStream closed at $24.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!